Airtel launches 'Family Tunes' for fixed line users
Telecom major Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched 'Family Tunes' service for its 2.9 million fixed line customers in the country, which will enable users to set their family name as a caller tune.
Customers will be charged a one-time download fee of Rs 15 for a Family Tune and a recurring monthly Hello Tune subscription fee of Rs 30 would be added to the monthly bill.
Through the Family Tunes service, fixed line users can set up a pre-recorded welcome message customised to the customer's individual family name to greet callers instead of the conventional tone, Airtel said in a statement.
Users can choose from a library of more than 1,000 most common Indian family names, it added.
"For most homes today in the country, the fixed line remains irreplaceable as the family phone. Having a welcome message customised with a family name will help our customers to enhance the calling experience," Bharti Airtel Chief Marketing Officer (Telemedia Services) Vikas Singh said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The bench of Justices Ashok Bhushan and R Subhash Reddy issued notice to Sivasankar on ED’s plea but refused to stay the HC order. The bench enquired from the counsel for Sivasankar if he was already out of jail.
- The Indian and Pakistani armies have said they began strictly adhering to a ceasefire on the LoC in J-K from the midnight of February 24.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Irani was speaking about ‘Women Power in Democracy', at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication in New Delhi.
- Following an agreement last month on pulling back frontline troops along with armoured vehicles and artillery from strategic heights around Pangong Lake, the two sides have been unable to make progress on disengagement at other friction points such as Depsang, Hot Springs and Gogra.