Ajay Katara's wife arrested in forgery case
Estranged wife of Ajay Katara, the prime witness in Nitish Katara murder case, was on Tuesday arrested in connection with a forgery case.
Tannu Choudhary was arrested by Sahibabad police in Ghaziabad for the one-year-old case, SSP Deepak Ranjan said.
Earlier, a court had issued non-bailable warrant against Choudhary who was at large.
Ajay had lodged an FIR last year, alleging that Choudhary and former Rajya Sabha MP D P Yadav had committed a forgery of Rs six lakh with him.
Yadav is the father of Vikash Yadav who is the prime accused in the Nitish Katara murder case.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) asked the petitioner's lawyer to compile a list of similarly placed officers of the Indian armed forces still languishing in Pakistani jails.
- The order was issued after hearing an injunction suit filed by Ramesh Jarkiholi’s lawyers on Wednesday. The suit had named 68 media houses, channels and others.
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage
- Giving two weeks to the government to come back with its response, the bench then formally recorded in its order that one of the issues that has caught its attention is “uncontrolled and unscreened viewing of films” on Amazon Prime Video and other OTT platforms.
- The roughly 20,000 centres being used for the vaccine drive at the moment are hospitals, private as well as public, while many primary and secondary health centres at present are kept out of the programme.
- The external affairs ministry, which too rejected Freedom House’s report, also took exception to the depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in the map used in the document.
- A home ministry spokesperson said these rules prepared by the Foreigners’ Division were part of a brochure issued on November 15, 2019. The rules were consolidated and notified on Thursday.
- After the allegations on Jarkiholi, there were unverified reports of several similar videos and other sex scandals against other cabinet ministers.
- India is a signatory to the Paris Agreement under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- On the other hand, the DMK’s stalemate continued with its main and long standing ally, the Congress, on seat sharing.
- The person said it was imperative that the photographs are removed from certificates distributed in the poll bound states, adding that the system can continue in other states.