Bad weather halts Amarnath yatra
The Amarnath yatra was suspended on Friday due to heavy rains near the cave shrine and along the route of the pilgrimage in South Kashmir Himalayas.
No fresh batch of pilgrims was allowed to move to the shrine in Anantnag district from Jammu in view of bad weather and heavy rains, official sources said.
The road from Pahalgam to cave and Baltal to cave has become slippery in view of the rain.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Shiv Sena which is a marginal force in West Bengal, is aiming to punch much above its weight.
- I&B ministry summons Amazon Prime officials in India over controversy around web series ‘Tandav’, reports ANI
- HT had reported on Wednesday that the panel was mulling the decision in the wake of the privacy concerns surrounding WhatsApp’s new policy.
- Chinar Corps commander Lt Gen BS Raju said the Line of Control remains fairly active because of Pakistan's attempts to push in terrorists.
- The Delhi Police in its application seeking injunction against farmers taking out a tractor rally had said that the tractor rally could cause law and order problems and embarrass the country.