Congress wins Sangli Lok Sabha by-poll
Congress nominee Prateek Patil on Tuesday won the Sangli Lok Sabha seat.
He defeated his nearest rival and Congress rebel Dinkar Patil by over 80,425 votes in the recently held by-poll.
Prateek, son of Prakash Patil, whose death last year had necessitated the bypoll, secured 25,2716 votes.
Dinkar Patil, an independent candidate, polled 17,2285 votes followed by Deepak Shinde Mhaisalkar of BJP.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- "Inspired by the honest governance of chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and hard work of MLA Raghav Chadha, I chose to join the Aam Aadmi Party..." said Mansi Sehgal
- Uttar Pradesh opened schools in a phased manner with physical classes for Classes 1 to 5 from Monday and for those in Classes 6 to 8, schools restarted from February 10.
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.