Does Saif avoid female directors?
It seems Saif Ali Khan's stars don't jell with women directors. First Aparna Sen's maiden Hindi film Gulel sank after Saif kept her on hold for months before finally saying no. Then it was Zoya Akhtar who had to scrap Luck By Chance when Saif couldn't make up his mind.
Now a third female director, Sai Paranjpye, has reportedly been turned away. But Saif has no knowledge about Sai's project. Shooting for Vidhu Vinod Chopra's Eklavya in Jaipur, Saif rebutted Sai's claim.
"I have never met Sai Paranjpye. I have no idea where this comes from. I don't know the lady at all. I wish her all the best. But I am not doing her film because I don't know her," Saif said.
He said the only film he had said yes to was Siddharth Anand's next. "I am very pleased with the way Salaam Namaste shaped up, and its box office performance. I heard Siddharth's next script.It's a metro-centric film. And Yes, I am doing it," he said.
After getting noticed in the United Kingdom and the Gulf countries, Bollywood is now charming its way into the Scandinavian country of Norway.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Unhappy with the response, the bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde asked Solicitor General Tushar Mehta to appear in the case along with Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Vikramjeet Banerjee, who presented the note to the Court.
- The officer withdrew his request after an orthopaedic surgeon said his purpose would not be served by buying a horse.
- Similipal, among the few included by the UNESCO in its list of critical biosphere reserves of the world, covers an area of 5569 sq km and contributes 38% of the total protected area network in Odisha. It is also one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country.
- The Union health ministry last week had specified 20 comorbidities among people aged between 45 and 59 years who will get the vaccine.
- Haryana's new law provides reservation for local people in private sector jobs with a monthly salary of less than ₹50,000 for 10 years