Four labourers killed in mishap in Srinagar
Four labourers were killed and 25 others injured when a vehicle carrying them fell into a ditch in Nyoma area of Leh district, official sources said on Monday.
A vehicle of 51 Rashtriya Rifles carrying the labourers skidded off the road and fell into a ditch near Tsol Tak Tangtse on Sunday evening.
In another accident, four pedestrians were injured when they were hit by a motorcycle at Cheeni Gund in Verinag area of Anantnag district.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- ‘Khukuri’ a brand of Nepalese cigarette has captured the market in the border areas of US Nagar, Champawat and Pithoragarh. Over 90% of smokers prefer to purchase and smoke this not due to taste but its cheap prices, said an official.
- In 2016, the Supreme Court had placed a ban on animal fights during religious and cultural festivals.
- Air quality had remained in the poor to very poor category since the beginning of January owing to low temperatures. On January 8, the AQI was the worst at 317 (very poor) for this year.
- For the first time, TMC’s youth unit president and chief minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew Abhishek Banerjee stepped in to solve the crisis. He sent party spokesperson Kunal Ghosh to bring Roy to his office on Camac Street in south Kolkata and held a two-hour meeting on Friday.
- To meet Shah’s target of winning more than 200 of Bengal’s 294 assembly seats in 2021, the BJP has put together its biggest election machinery in the eastern state.
- More than 12,000 doses of the vaccine have reached Ladakh of which around 4,000 have been earmarked for armed forces personnel to protect them from Covid-19, the officials said speaking on condition of anonymity.
- MPW workers demand promotion and cadre-restructuring.
- Choudhury's comments came after the TMC had on Wednesday said the Congress and the Left should support Banerjee in her fight against the BJP, a suggestion rejected by the two parties.