Gun drama at Beckham's home!
The security guards of the former England captain pointed gun and screamed at the three men who slipped in through the metal gate of the sportsperson's house.india Updated: Dec 08, 2006 19:34 IST
It was guns, guards, cops and intruders at former England captain David Beckham and wife Victoria’s Spanish home recently.
It seems that a bodyguard pulled a gun on three men who slipped through the metal gate of the couple’s home where Posh was inside with the couple’s youngest son Cruz.
According to the News of the World, the guard, who spotted the three on CCTV at a security post, sprinted across the grounds into their path, pointed his pistol at them and screamed: "Stop! Stop! Don't move! I have a gun."
Posh and Beck’s home then saw six armed cops arriving in marked police cars after a call from the Beckhams' security team, to take the intruders away.
As it turns out, the men didn’t have any sinister intentions, but were simply three Japanese journalists filming a documentary for Nippon TV about footballers' houses, and had already filmed at the homes of Becks' teammates Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos.
A source close to the couple defended the guard, and said that the three could have been robbers, stalkers or even kidnappers.
"The guard had no idea if these men were kidnappers, robbers or crazed stalkers planning to attack Victoria.
They sneaked through an iron gate onto private land next door to the Beckhams' property and were heading towards a gate in the security fence around the house when they were spotted,” the News of the World quoted the source, as saying.
“The guard had no choice but to draw his weapon. It might seem a bit excessive as it turned out they were Japanese journalists sniffing around trying to get footage of the house,” the source added.
A police source revealed that no charges were going to be pressed against the journalists, who had been terrified by the incident.
"They were terrified when the security guard pulled out his gun. They were not aware they were on private property. No further action will be taken," the source said.
When it comes to keeping themselves and their children safe, Posh and Becks take no chance, especially after a failed plot to kidnap Victoria in 2002.
The couple has also become increasingly concerned about their children's welfare after being told middle son Romeo has epilepsy.
A spokeswoman for Posh and Becks confirmed there had been an attempted break-in at the property.
"Japanese fans are great but they are the most intensive fans on the planet," she said.
First Published: Nov 27, 2006 18:12 IST