Hot tips to clean your carpet
Here are some hot tips to clean your carpets and keep them bright and vibrant.india Updated: Jun 26, 2010 01:14 IST
Here are some hot tips to clean your carpets and keep them bright and vibrant.
1. Act fast: As soon as a stain-leaving element drops on your carpet, wipe it with a damp cloth.
2. Light stain: Make a mild cleaning mixture by adding a drop of soap used for washing woollens in some water. Dip a white cloth in this and gently rub over the stained area. Tough stains must be treated by professionals.
3. Beat away: Polyester shaggy are easiest to clean. To remove any unwanted element, dust end to end or beat (from behind).
4. Regular cleaning: Weekly vacuuming is a must for all types of carpets. The hand-made woollen good quality carpets can be dusted daily with a hard stick broom.
5. Monsoon protection: From the entrance to the rug area, place small foot mats or polyester shaggy carpets so that the shoes are clean and dry by the time they reach the carpeted area.
(With inputs from Rashi Bajaj, carpet designer, Carpet Couture)