Kids' Favorites Awards
Kids' Favorites Awardsindia Updated: May 21, 2012 10:36 IST
Terms & Conditions For Kids' Favorites Awards
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE HINDUSTAN TIMES KIDS’ FAVORITES AWARDS “(HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “CAMPAIGN”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED JOINTLY BY M/S HT MEDIA LIMITED (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “HTML”) AND CREATIVE CHILDREN MEDIA PVT LIMITED. THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. The underlying principle of the awards is to let the kids’ point of view be known to the general public.
2. HTML is the title sponsor of the Kids’ Favorites Awards, 2012 and the execution of the actual on-ground event is led by Creative Children Media Pvt. Limited on the terms and conditions agreed between the parties.
3. The categories underlying the CAMPAIGN have been chosen on the basis of Editorial discretion, keeping in mind what appeals most to children and/or has the approval of their guardians.
4. The nominees of each category have been decided based on the is Editorial discretion of HTML without any biased intentions towards any brand or product included therein or not included in the contest.
5. Period of the Contest: Start Date 7th May, 2012 to 24th May, 2012 only to for the readers of Hindustan Times.
6. The contest is open for all Indian residents, who have completed 8 years or more as on the date of entering/participating in the contest.
7. Users Participants can participate in this contest by messaging the category code given in the ads from their mobile.
8. Standard SMS rates charged by the service provider for commercial activities shall be applicable for the CAMPAIGN.
9. Each Participant can send a vote for the category of their choice, or for a number of categories of their choice, or for all categories.
10. HTML will not be responsible in any way for failure of any backend technology of any applications and resultant inability of a Participant for participation.
11. The winning entries will be chosen on the combined basis of vote volume and discretion of HTML.
12. The winning entries will be declared and felicitated at the on-ground leg of the Hindustan Times Kids’ Favorites Awards on the 25th of May.
13. All decisions by HTML regarding the selection of the winning entries shall be final and binding.
14. Employees of HTML or Creative Children Media Pvt Limited and its affiliates/subsidiaries, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies, participating operators and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
15. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants while participating in the Contest.
16. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
17. The contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
18. All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
19. HTML, in its absolute discretion reserves the right at anytime, without giving any prior notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the contest.
20. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent as permitted by law.
21. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML only and can be used by HTML (or any third party authorized by HTML in this regard) for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the Campaign.
22. Participants/winners may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
23. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this campaign, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the Campaign.
24. HTML, its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the winner or any third party, whether in connection with this Campaign, or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
25. HTML, its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the Contest including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or the failure to provide the correct contest score updates or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, HTML shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which are beyond the control of HTML or its vendors.
26. This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond the control of HTML.
27. The Contest is valid subject to the winner complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as required by HTML. Any failure on the part of the Participant to comply with the any specified term, condition and/or formality shall render the Participant liable for disqualification at the sole discretion of HTML.
28. This Contest is subject to guidelines/ directions issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India or any other statutory authority from time to time.
29. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the contest.