Kin of RJD leader shot dead in Bihar
Unidentified criminals on Sunday shot dead the brother and father of RJD General Secretary of Teknnamma panchayat Arun Yadav in Bihar's Saharsa district, police said.
Arun Yadav's father and RJD leader Sheonandan Yadav (70) and his brother Lallan Yadav (25) were shot dead by horse riding criminals who raided the village during the wee hours today.
The criminals beat them up and later pumped bullets in their chests and head to teach them a lesson for raising their voices against local anti-socials, police said.
Irate over the killings the businessmen downed their shutters and blocked the main road demanding immediate transfer of the Patharghat station house officer (SHO) alleging that the SHO was hand in glove with criminal elements.
The business community also demanded a compensation package of Rs 10 lakh to the next of kin of those killed.
The bodies were sent for postmoertem after the SP and former MLA Parmeshwari Prasad Nirala (RJD) and other local leaders intervened and assured the agitating locals that those involve into the killings would be booked and legal action against them would be initiated.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone