M'rashtra Govt neglected tribals: Sena
After demanding a crop loan waiver for debt-ridden farmers, Shiv Sena has taken up the cause of tribal welfare in the state and has blamed the DF government for neglecting their problems.
"Tribals across the state right from Thane, Dhule, Nandurbar are facing hardships.. Be it malnutrition, lack of basic health or education facilities...Or employment opportunities," Sena executive President Uddhav Thackeray told a tribal rally at Bhadravati in neighbouring Chandrapur district, on Sunday.
He said it was unfortunate that Congress leaders only exploited tribals for political purposes.
"The then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was the only head of the government who had taken care of tribals. But later, no Prime minister or Chief Minister bothered about tribals and their welfare," Thackeray said.
Sena has taken up the fight for farmers and will also fight for the cause of tribals, he added.
Party leaders Subhash Desai, Neelam Gorhe, Bhawana Gawali and Prakash Jadhav, were also present on the occasion.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The rising demand for the ‘war room’ also coincides with the shrinking real estate space for the Congress in the national capital.
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.
- Mann Ki Baat is also being aired live on the All India Radio, Doordarshan, Narendra Modi mobile app and the YouTube channels of AIR, DD News, PMO and the Union information and broadcasting ministry.
- The forest clearance is the latest in a long line of clearances that have been granted for the project