'Most expensive flat in Asia sold in Hong Kong'
A luxury flat in Hong Kong has sold for 225 million Hong Kong dollars, the most expensive apartment per square foot ever sold in Asia, a report said on Wednesday.
The 80th floor penthouse with a private swimming pool and spectacular view of Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour sold for 41,000 dollars per square foot, a report in the Sing Tao Daily said, citing an unnamed real estate source.
The 5,497-square-foot (511-square-metre) flat, with its own roof-top terrace, is located in a new complex called The Arch, in Hong Kong's Kowloon area.
The Arch is close to a yet-to-be-completed office tower, the International Commerce Centre.
The new tower is attracting multinational firms away from the central business district, where rocketing property prices have scared away even the world's richest firms.
The flat's price beat the record of 39,800 dollars per square foot set last November for a larger apartment on Hong Kong island, according to the report.
Hong Kong's property market has boomed in recent years, following a major crash during the Asian financial crisis in the later 1990s.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The aim is to provide a level-playing field in media and a platform to redress public grievances against digital media
- Razdan said she has lodged a complaint with the police and requested “immediate steps to identify, apprehend and prosecute perpetrators of this abominable attack".
- Srinivasan had been on several long bike tours and expeditions, travelling to 36 countries and several continents, including America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- While Hindi and English have been mostly used during the proceedings of the House, members preferring to speak in the 21 other scheduled Indian languages has increased to over five times per sitting in 2020 compared to the 14-year period between 2004-17.
- Cold wave or 'severe’ cold wave conditions are also very likely over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and east Madhya Pradesh during the next two days