No truck with BSP: Rajnath Singh
Gearing up for the next Lok Sabha polls, BJP is confident of roping in some regional parties into the NDA in the near future but will have no truck with Mayawati's BSP in UP.
The BJP is holding negotiations with several parties and and expects at least "two-three" of them to join the NDA alliance soon.
"There is no question," BJP president Rajnath Singh told PTI in an interview when asked about the possibility of his party forging alliance with BSP for boosting its prospects in politically-significant Uttar Pradesh during the next general elections.
To justify BJP's refusal to have a truck with BSP, the former UP Chief Minister suggested that the alliance with that party earlier had been a bad experience.
"Sabse bada sankat us samay paida ho gaya jab hum logon ne BSP ke sath alliance kiya (the BJP faced the worst crisis when we forged alliance with BSP)," Singh said while talking about his party's failure to re-emerge as the key player in the state having the maximum number of 80 Lok Sabha seats in the 543-member House of Parliament.
Insisting that efforts to revive the BJP in UP, particularly at grassroots level, were underway, he said the party will go it alone.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The launch took place from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Transport commissioner Sanjeeb Panda and his IPS officer wife Santosh Bala (Home department special secretary), were in one of the three tents that caught fire.
- The petitioner had moved the high court in January this year after she was declared ineligible for admission to an undergraduate medical course as her left hand was amputated.
- Police said the killer slit the elderly woman's throat with a sharp weapon.
- "I did not learn Tamil. It is such a beautiful language, which is popular all over the world," the prime minister said.
- The rising demand for the ‘war room’ also coincides with the shrinking real estate space for the Congress in the national capital.
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.