North Zone gets huge lead over East Zone
Gaurav Gambhir and Vipan Kumar slammed centuries as North Zone got a lead of 402 runs against East Zone on the second day of the Vizzy Trophy at the local Gandhi grounds.
Gambhir (192) and Kumar (130) took North Zone to 585 all out.
Gambhir scored the runs from 156 balls with the help of 20 fours and seven sixes while Vipan Kumar's innings came off 130 balls with 18 fours and a six.
Nitin Srivastava gathered 57 runs from 108 balls with the help of 10 fours. The sixth wicket partnership between Gaurav Gambhir and Vipan Kumar produced 204 runs.
Jagjit Singh took two wickets giving away 52 runs while Ashish Gidwani took one wicket for 35 runs.
In the second match between South Zone and West Zone at the Guru Nanak Dev University Sports Complex, the former were 282 for three in 75 overs.
Earlier, West Zone were all out at 355 in 102.2 overs.
K.B. Arun Karthic scored 158 not out with 18 fours and one six. Vasudev Dass 70 was another significant contributor.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Additional sessions judge Sandeep Yadav convicted 35-year-old Khan, also known as Junaid, Salim and Anna
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.
- Officials said that an inquiry committee, constituted by the Visitor of Delhi University (DU), the President of India, held its final meeting.
- BJP MLAs supported the bill and called it a gift for women on the occasion of Women’s Day
- The technology requires telecoms companies to scrub messages to verify if the text being sent has been approved and it is only being sent to someone who has consented to receive such a message.
- Throughout the day, women protesters organised marches at the sites while wearing yellow, green scarves
- Responding to HT on Monday, CPWD denied all allegations that the waste from the Central Vista construction site was being dumped on the floodplains.
- Two women officers each have been assigned duties aboard INS Vikramaditya and INS Shakti.
- The fire had broken out at the 13th floor of the Eastern Railway’s office in the evening.
- The apex court framed this as one among the several questions to be decided while considering the constitutional validity of a 2018 Maharashtra law.