Over 100 hospitalised for food poisoning
The District Collector, Ayyappan, who visited the hospitals, said the problem was caused by poor quality rice.Updated: Feb 03, 2006 18:10 IST
Over 100 children, majority of them girls, have been hospitalised after showing symptoms of food poisoning. Their condition is reported not to be serious.
The children had fallen sick after taking an noon meal supplied by a public charity.
The students from Manakkad School and Cotton Hill School were taken to two hospitals when some of them vomited and fainted shortly after consuming the food.
At first, about 20 children were rushed to the hospital by teachers. But panic ensued as more and more children started showing signs of exhaustion and vomiting.
The District Collector, Ayyappan, who visited the hospitals, said that the problem was caused by poor quality rice.
First Published: Feb 03, 2006 18:10 IST