New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

May 25, 2020-Monday



Select city

Metro cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata

Other cities - Noida, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Bhopal , Chandigarh , Dehradun, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi


Parents allege hospital gave overdose of wrong medicine

A three-year-old boy died during treatment at Kolsewadi in Kalyan on Sunday.

india Updated: May 09, 2011 02:00 IST
Kiran Sonawane
Kiran Sonawane
Hindustan Times

A three-year-old boy died during treatment at Kolsewadi in Kalyan on Sunday.

The parents of the child have alleged that the child died due to improper treatment by the hospital and have filed a complaint in the Kolsewadi police station.

“We stay in Bhiwandi. We were here to attend an engagement ceremony. Last night after dinner, my son, Ashwin, started vomiting, so we rushed him to Shriyash Hospital because it was nearby. The doctor was treating him, but by morning my son was dead,” said Binoi Acharya, father of the child.

Acharya alleged that he suspected the hospital did not diagnose the cause of the vomiting and gave his son a wrong medicine, and an overdose of the medicine.

Dr Mangesh Kasale, who works at Shriyash Hospital said, “We have taken perfect care of the child. Our staff was with the patient all the time and whatever treatment was given is standardised. There was no negligence on part of the hospital and we are ready to face any inquiry.”

Jagdish Lohalkar, police inspector, Kalyan police station said, “We have taken the parent’s complaint and are also waiting for the results of the post-mortem, as well as expert committee reports.”

“If the Medical Expert Committee confirms that there was negligence on part of the doctors, we will file a case against the hospital and take required legal action,” Lohalkar added.

ht epaper

Sign In to continue reading