Peaches sparks off debate on Elephant care
An alert dog saved the lives of three persons in its owner's family who fell unconscious due to gas poisoning in their home in Chengdu, capital of south-west China's Sichuan province.
Sensing danger from an open gas valve, Lingling, a German shepherd, pulled her unconscious owner Dan from the sofa and placed him near a window so that chilly winds could wake him up, a local newspaper reported today.
"I must have been awakened by the chilly wind from the hole in the door and the window by the door," Dan was quoted as saying in 'China Daily'.
"She must have realised the danger. After she failed to wake me up with her claws and, suffering from gas poisoning herself, she must have pulled me by my left sleeve and dragged me to the door inch-by-inch," he said.
Dan soon found that his wife and daughter had lost consciousness due to gas poisoning, with white foam coming out of the corners of their mouths.
He managed to seek help from a nearby factory hospital. A paramedic team rushed to his apartment and rescued his wife, daughter and Lingling.
"The aftermath would have been unimaginable if Dan had regained consciousness just a little later," said Tang Xiaodong, the doctor who treated the family.
Dan bought Lingling from a peddler at a market last July and she has proved to be a worthy addition to the family.
"A few months ago, she scared away a thief who was breaking into our home," a proud Dan said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.
- The research says the average compensation paid for human death in the country is ₹1,91,437, and the average compensation paid for injury is ₹6,185.