New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Oct 26, 2020-Monday



Select Country
Select city
Home / India / Police crack Kashimira case in Mumbai

Police crack Kashimira case in Mumbai

Within 24 hours the Kashimira police arrested the killer of the six-year-old Anish Kumar Tiwari, reports Megha Sood.

india Updated: Feb 03, 2007, 19:50 IST
Megha Sood
Megha Sood

Within 24 hours the Kashimira police arrested the killer of the six-year-old Anish Kumar Tiwari, who had been kidnapped on Thursday night and then murdered the next day. The accused identified as Abhishek Dubey is the second cousin of Tiwari, who wanted to earn money overnight.

The 21-year-old Dubey, who had come to the city two months ago, assumed that Tiwari’s father was extremely rich and would get fooled easily. According to Rajan Pule, senior police inspector of Kashimira police station on Monday Dubey, who was staying with Suresh Tiwari, the kid’s uncle, came to Tiwari;s house and lured him with chocolates to accompany him.

Since Dubey was a frequent visitor at his house Tiwari dropped his bag at his house after tuitions and ran off with Dubey in greed of ice cream as promised by his abductor. His kidnapper took him to an ice cream shop in Mira Road but after two hours the kid started wining to go home. 

Dubey, who did not arrange for any place to keep the kid at night so in a state of panic that the kid had recognised him and after going home he would reveal his name, Dubey took him to the railway station and in order to shut him up he drowned him in the salt pan near the tracks.
After killing the kid Dubey, went to the public phone booth opposite the police station and gave a call to Suresh Tiwari as his was the only number Dubey had. Dubey, thn conveniently went home and pretended nothing had happened.

“From the beginning we knew that it was the work of a close friend of the family so we had started keeping an eye on the activities on all the relatives of the Tiwaris. That is when we came to know that Dubey, Suresh’s relative was out of the house from the time Tiwari got kidnapped to the time the phone call was made,” said Pule.

“This was not the only thing that made or doubt clear that Dubey was supposed to go back to his village after February 19 but last night itself he picked up his luggage and tried to sneak out,” added Pule.

The police detained Dubey and after interrogation Dubey confessed to the act and said that the motive behind the kidnap was to make money. “Supposedly Dubey had heard a rumor that Tiwari’s father had won a lottery and therefore he demanded money as ransom.

But sine he was not a professional he panicked and killed the kid. We have arrested Dubey on the charges of murder and kidnap. Earlier Dubey had forged a check of Rs 30,000 from the owner of the company where he worked and later resigned,” said Pule.

Sign In to continue reading