Robert has eyes set on action roles
Hollywood hunk Robert Downey Jr is in awe of his action star image and has no plans to turn his back on the genre for more serious ones as he gets older. The 44-year-old actor, who can be seen bare-knuckle boxing in
and performs many of his own stunts in upcoming superhero movie
admits he is enjoying his new reputation,
"If the material is still good and you still like to work with the people - why not?
was a life-changing experience. That's due to the extensive research we did and because I could actually realise such a big project," Downey said.
"I would still play characters like Sherlock in the future. Although, I will probably have another child and an alcohol free vineyard by then," he added. The actor enjoyed filming
but admits it has been hard work getting in and out of his suit.
"Well the suit was a bit lighter, but not light enough for my liking. I had more self-confidence shooting the second film, but I wouldn't say we had fun. We wanted to take more time. We really looked into the storyline thoroughly to make it as good as possible," Downey Jr said. The movie, a star-studded affair has a cast that includes Gwyneth Paltrow, who reprises her role as Pepper Potts, Scarlett Johansson, who plays Natasha Romanoff and her sexy alter-ego, Russian spy Black Widow and Mickey Rourke, who plays super-villain Whiplash.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration during a verification drive on Saturday sent 169 illegal immigrant Rohingyas to a ‘holding centre’ after they were found without valid travel documents.
- The report said that closing of schools, economic stress, parental deaths and pregnancies due to the coronavirus pandemic could increase the risk of child marriage.
- On Monday, Odisha reported 668 large forest fires.
- The 13th floor houses the accounts office of the Eastern Railways.
- Apni Party chief Altaf Bukhari said that political parties should join hand to fight for the restoration of Jammu and Kashmir's special status and not just sit and watch how the BJP’s plan unfolds.