Top LeT, Hizb men killed in J&K
Three terrorists were killed and an Army major was injured in a gunbattle in Doda and Udhampur districts on Sunday, a top defence official said.
Two of them were commanders of the Lashker-e-Toiba and the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen, he added.
Acting on specific information, Army troops, led by Major Prashant Salai, conducted a cordon and search operation in Gulbgarh area of Udhampur district around 1415 hours on Sunday, head of 16 corps media centre, Col DK Badola said.
During the search operation, terrorists fired on the troops, who fired back, he said, adding that two top terrorists were killed on the spot.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The tragedy reportedly took place when an excavator was digging a drain near the boundary wall of the school.
- The Iranian embassy said it "strongly repudiates any unsubstantiated allegations or irresponsible comments in this regard and considers them as steps towards realising the sinister intentions of the enemies of Iran-India relations”.
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration during a verification drive on Saturday sent 169 illegal immigrant Rohingyas to a ‘holding centre’ after they were found without valid travel documents.
- The report said that closing of schools, economic stress, parental deaths and pregnancies due to the coronavirus pandemic could increase the risk of child marriage.
- On Monday, Odisha reported 668 large forest fires.
- The 13th floor houses the accounts office of the Eastern Railways.