Who was Ishrat Jahan?
Ishrat Jahan was killed in Ahmedabad in 2004 in a police encounter along with three others. The police claimed she was an islamist terrorist.india Updated: Nov 21, 2011 17:34 IST
- Ishrat Jahan was the second of 7 siblings of Mohammad Shamim Raza who was the proprietor of a mumbai-based construction company and Shamima who worked at a medicine packaging company in Vashi.
- Her lower middle class family hailed from Bihar and used to live in the Rashid compound in the Muslim-dominated area of Mumbra in Thane district in Mumbai.
- Ishrat had passed with a first division in her class XII and was a second year Bachelor of Science student at Gurunanak Gollege at Kings Circle in Mumbai, at the time of her death.
- Ishrat Jahan was accompanied by Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai at the time of the police encounter in Ahmedabad in 2004.
- Laskhar-e-Toiba had claimed that the too were operatives of the militant group. Later they had retracted.
-Ishrat Jahan was killed in Ahmedabad in 2004 in a police encounter along with three others. The police claimed she was an islamist terrorist.