Your fav soccer champs' nicknames
World Cup 2006 is just three days away, and who would not want to know or interact with Dumpling, The Sushi Bomber, The Tornado, Shrek and others.india Updated: Jun 06, 2006 14:25 IST
World Cup 2006 is just three days away, and who would not want to know or interact with Dumpling, The Sushi Bomber, The Tornado, Shrek and others.
For the uninitiated, these are the nicknames of some of the world's top soccer stars. If England soccer captain David Beckham is known by his nickname of "Golden Balls", then his colleague Wayne Rooney is known as "Shrek". There other stars too, all of whom have extraordinary nicknames.
The Mirror has revealed the nicknames of the world's top ten soccer stars. They are:
1. Tomas Rosicky of the Czech Republic - The Dumpling
2. Tomasz Frankowski (Poland) - The Goals Hunte
3. Naohiro Takahara (Japan) - The Sushi Bomber
4. David Beckham (England) - Golden Balls
5. Stephan Appiah (Ghana) - Tornado
6. Kossi Agassa (Togo) - Magic Hands
7. Fernando Torres (Spain) - El Nino
8. David James (England) - Calamity
9. Carlos Tevez (Argertina) - The Bull
10. Wayne Rooney (England) - Shrek