Gujjar leaders, Raje Govt hold talks
Claiming "forward movement" in their parleys, the Gujjar leadership and the Rajasthan government on Tuesday held further talks to end the 26-day-old agitation for ST status.
Kirori Singh Bainsla led a core group from his outfit, Gurjar Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti, while the state government's nine-member team was headed by BJP MP and party treasurer Ramdas Agarwal.
Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Vasudhara Raje chaired a meeting to discuss the outcome of the parleys between the two sides over the past four days. It was attended by BJP leaders including Gopinath Munde.
Both Bainsla and the government side had claimed "forward movement" after the talks on Monday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nearly 140 persons, including 100 in Jaipur alone, are reported to have been injured in kite-flying incidents in the state on the occasion of Makar Sankranti
- Villagers said they approached officials several times in the past with the request for action against the selling of illegal liquor in the area but no action was taken.
- The samples from districts such as Jhalawar, Kota, Baran, Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur, Chittorgarh, Banswara, Hanumangarh, Dausa, Pali and Jaisalmer have already been confirmed with bird flu.
- Preliminary probe reveals that the son of the woman was angry with his mother's relationship, said police.
- BJP MLA Madan Dilawar said that the so-called farmers are doing picnic in the name of farmer agitation in the country.
- In December last year, RLP fielded candidates in 50 by-elections across 12 districts and was able to get four lakh votes.