Man beaten to death in Rajasthan
A 25-year-old man found dead allegedly after he was beaten up by unidentified people in Sikar district, police said on Friday.
The deceased has been identified as Dharmesh Kumawat, a resident of Rampura village under Khandela police station.
According to the complaint lodged by Kumawat’s family members, the victim returned to Rampura village bus stand around 2am on Thursday after attending a wedding in Jhunjhunu.
Later, Kumawat was found injured by the locals and rushed to the nearby hospital, where he died during treatment. “The victim had sustained serious injuries on his head, stomach and legs and some of his nails were also removed. We have detained the four named accused. We are investigating the matter,” said Sanwarmal Nagora, deputy superintendent of police (DSP), Nim Ka Thana police circle.
“As per the statements of the locals, the victim was drunk and was trying to barge into the house of the accused, where they started beating Kumawat,” he added. He said things would be clear once the medical report of the victim comes.
Family members of the victim also staged a protest in front of the mortuary, which was called off on Friday after senior police officials promised a fair probe.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- n the missing complaint, family members expressed apprehension that the boy might have crossed to Pakistan since the family lived very close to the Indo-Pak international border and they had relatives in Pabni village in Pakistan.
- Chief minister Ashok Gehlot claimed that Rajasthan was the only state in India to be put in the green category in the detailed evaluation done by the World Health Organization due to better performance on all the parameters of vaccination.
- The IT department sleuths also found an alpha-numeric secret code on each item found in the tunnel. Attempts are on to crack the code.
- The Supreme Court had said last year in February that illegal sand mining could cause irreparable damage to the environment and is rampant in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot held the 'verbal exchange' between the two vaccine manufacturers as the reason behind the decline in participation in the vaccination drive
- Gajendra Singh was the son of former home minister and Congress stalwart from Rajasthan, Gulab Singh Shaktawat.
- The police investigated the case and got hold of the accused who was found to be a woman during the medical examination.
- Bikaner’s superintendent of police, Priti Chandra, rubbished the claims made by the girl’s family.
- All the passengers on the bus were from the Jain community and were returning to Ajmer after visiting a temple in Beawar
- Salman Khan has filed an application before the court seeking exemption from personal appearance in the poaching case.
- Vijay Sardana (58) was critically infected with Covid-19 in September 2020 and was hospitalized in Covid-19 ICU for a week but he didn’t lose courage