Prabha Rau takes oath as Rajasthan Governor
Prabha Rau on Monday took oath as the Governor of Rajasthan in Jaipur.
The Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Justice Jagdish Bhalla administered the oath of office and constitution to 74-year-old Rau, who was till now holding the additional charge of the state, at Raj Bhavan.
Rau was elected to the 13th Lok Sabha in 1999 from Wardha constituency in Maharashtra. She was also the former president of Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee.
Among those present during the swearing-in ceremony included Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, BJP leader Vasundhara Raje, Union Minister for Transport Mahaveer Singh Khandela and Assembly Speaker Dipendra Singh Shekhawat.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Health secretary Siddharth Majahan said, “The vaccination is going on smoothly across the state. People are enthusiastic".
- Private hospitals can charge up to ₹250 for a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The girl said she was currently staying at her maternal house of her own sweet will but her family had lodged a false case of kidnapping against them
- Both leaders shared a helicopter for the first time after more than a year.
- The decision was taken in a review meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot at his residence.
- The state has prepared a new bill, the Rajasthan Prisons Bill, 2021, taking inspiration from the model jail manual.
- Several states including Maharashtra, Kerala, MP and Punjab continue to record high number of Covid cases.
- The core committee meeting will be chaired by state party chief Satish Poonia.