Couture steeped in Tarot symbolism
Dior Couture Spring 21 was a vibrant and lush canvas painted by Maria Grazia Chiuri’s epiphany inducing paintbrush where she referenced the mystique of Tarot cards. A thoughtful homage to the house’s founder Monsieur Dior, who indulged in divinatory arts. Presented in a visually arresting digital film Le Château du Tarot, directed by Italian filmmaker Matteo Garrone, saw a cinematographic tale unfolding underscored by the consciousness-altering appeal of her ensembles. From the finest bodices teamed with jacquard trousers to the further evolution of the house’s Holy Grail - the bar jacket to the hand pleated long dresses in silk chiffon and lamé twill to the devoré velvet dress with a Zodiac print.
Staying true to her core design philosophy of comfort-driven clothing without compromising on the hallowed savoir-faire of the house, the collection gloried thanks to the endearing weightlessness, which has become MCG’s signature since her arrival at the French luxury house. Over several seasons, Chiuri has often toyed with the peekaboo charm of veiling - another key insignia of the House and this time too, she finished off some of the looks with an array of chic veiled berets. Also, worth mentioning is the frisson of tantalising transparency like the floor-length diaphanous pleated dress layered over a cinched jacket, but it looked tasteful.
Maria has always attempted to engage in a thought-provoking dialogue through the power of her metier like for the label’s Autumn Winter 2019-2020 couture outing, she had commissioned Penny Slinger, a London-born American artist of the 1960s synonymous with feminist surrealism. Staying true to her feminist ideology, she had also joined hands with Judy Chicago (American feminist artist) for Spring 2020 couture showcase, whose installation was quite a fitting backdrop as Maria’s Pagan goddesses in empowered clothing strutted around it.
Always finding a deep connection between creativity and femininity and engaging local artisan communities from different parts of the world, she’s rooted for comfort couture with a soul. Freewheeling weightlessness meets atelier’s magical savoir-faire - that’s been Maria’s winning formula.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- After returning from the Maldives, Shilpa Shetty stepped out for lunch with her family at her restaurant and opted to wear a co-ord set that was comfy and chic at the same time.
- For a day outing, Rakul Preet opted to wear a beautiful lemon yellow mini dress with a crop denim jacket. The actor imparted summer vibes with her ensemble and we are inspired.
- Mouni Roy is the new millennial trendsetter and these pictures of her in cool and fast fashion of tie and dye loungewear are proof
- Malaika Arora recently took to Instagram to wish her fans a happy Sunday as the actor enjoyed a lazy day at home wearing a sports bra and sweat pants.
- Sonkashi Sinha lays perfect style tips to break all the fashion records on a work-day in a dainty pink suit set with bell-sleeves and gorgeous pastel colour-base that has left us hooked with its must-have appeal for our summer closet
- Want to raise the hotness quotient while looking effortlessly trendy? Search no further and take fashion cues from Radhika Madan whose fun and fearless style for Netflix series ‘Spotlight’ looks fresh as spring in an off-shoulder scarlet crop top, jeans and red heels
- For a promotional event of her recently released film, The Girl On The Train, Parineeti Chopra showed how to slay in an all-black attire and add extra oomph to it.
- Alia Bhatt and Mrunal Thakur were recently snapped wearing the same dress. The green coloured midi dress is a great pick for summer season. Who do you think wore it better?
- Kareena Kapoor has changed the face of maternity fashion. From figure-flaunting dresses to dreamy kurtas and kaftans, the actor was seen wearing everything while expecting her second son. One of her outfits that created a lot of buzz was a sea green kurta set that the actor wore during a shoot.
- Priyanka Chopra recently took to Twitter and showed fans her new silver-framed spectacles. However, it was her stunning green well-fitted shirt that garnered all the attention.