Officers like Bareilly DM are rare today, says Muslim cleric
Bareilly: A local Muslim cleric has extended his support to DM Raghvendra Vikram Singh over Singh’s recent facebook post.
“Raghvendra Vikram Singh is a true Jihadi officer. Officers with a character like him are rare these days. Everyone must support his views,” said Tauqir Raza Khan, a Barelvi cleric.
“Ajab riwaz ban gaya hai. Muslim mohallo main julus le jao aur Pakistan murdabad ke nare lagao. Kyun bhai woh Pakistani hain kya? (A strange tradition has been formed. To visit Muslim areas and raise slogans against Pakistan. Why, are they (Muslims) Pakistanis)?” RV Singh wrote on Sunday.
The officer put it down on Tuesday after several leaders of the ruling party criticised him for it.
“Anti-secular forces in the country are getting stronger each day but officers like his (the DM) will never allow violence in their presence,” Tauqir said. He also said he will visit the family members of Abhishek Gupta aka Chandan in Kasganj on Thursday. He was killed in communal clashes that broke out in Kasganj on Republic Day.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rai said that door-to-door collection of funds for the Ram Temple construction has also been stopped.
- "On the occasion of International Women's Day on March 8, women will be given free entry to Chhota Imambara, Bada Imambara and Picture Gallery in the city," the notification read.
- The incident came into light after the NCPCR wrote to the collector of Prayagraj after it received reports of the girl’s death after her parents could not deposit the money required for her treatment at United Medicity Hospital in the city.
- A meeting of cops and village watchmen was held at the Soraon police station on Wednesday in this regard.
- The budget session of UP legislature began on February 18 and was scheduled to end with the passing of the budget on March 10.
- Jayant called upon farmers to show their unity to the government, which he alleged was trying to “disgrace and defame” the movement against the farm laws.
- An excise department official said that besides checking suspicious dhabas along the highways, the stock available at excise shops will be verified in the drive against illicit liquor trade.
- The Muslim population in UP is 17-19%, but their share in the benefits of welfare schemes is 30-35%,” claimed the chief minister.
- The girl’s body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the report is awaited.