'SP won’t join UPA Govt after vote'
Mulayam Singh Yadav has ruled out the possibility of his party joining the Congress-led UPA government after the trust vote on July 22.
The Samajwadi Party chief, addressing a press conference on Wednesday, said his party had extended support to the coalition in national interest and the nuclear deal would help in supply of uranium to the country. The UPA, he said, had assured him there would be no compromise on sovereignty or change in foreign policy.
Mulayam also accused BSP leader Mayawati of pressuring his MPs and some others who are in jail to vote against the UPA. “Money is flowing in jails in this connection,” he charged.
On Tuesday, senior BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddique met suspended SP MP Umakant Yadav in Fatehgarh jail to persuade him to vote against the UPA.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.
- The quick acceptance of his application for voluntary retirement has started a buzz in the BJP circles that Sharma may be sent to the Legislative Council in Uttar Pradesh.
- While currently nine domestic flights operate from Gorakhpur to all major cities of the country, an international flight from the newly-constructed Kushinagar airport will also commence soon, said the CM
- The first batch of the Covid-19 vaccines arrived by a special plane at Chakeri airport in Kanpur on Wednesday. Vaccines in stored in Varanasi are to be used in the divisions of Varanasi, Azamgarh, Prayagraj and Mirzapur.
- Questions are now being raised over the manner in which appointments are being made on various posts in the Congress in Uttar Pradesh.
- The high court had earlier directed the state and the Central governments to place before it a definite date and the intended programme detailing when and how the vaccination against Covid-19 would be done in UP.
- 51,000 healthcare workers have been listed in Lucknow for the vaccination drive.