5 web series you need to start watching right now
While you wait for TVF Pitchers season 2, catch these 5 must-watch web seriesHT48HRS_Special Updated: Oct 19, 2016 14:06 IST
1) Lost and Found, by Sony LIV: Super-geeky boy (think Tony Stark, without the charisma, charm or the money) meets street-smart girl, in this series by Sony. The story follows the adventures of Jay Veer Rathore (portrayed by Faraz Khan) - a nerd who prefers the company of machines over humans and, Preeti Tandon (portrayed Poppy Jabbal) who runs away from her own wedding, leaving her family and groom-to-be in a state of chaos.
2) Official Chukyagiri, by Arré: This is the story of a recent college pass out Spandan Chukya, who interns at an MNC. We see the corporate world though his eyes - the ideals that he comes with after completing an MBA, in contrast to the big bad world of business management.
3) It’s Not That Simple, by Voot: Actor Swara Bhaskar’s web series debut, It’s Not That Simple, traces the story of every urban marriage. Four characters - Meera, Jayesh, Sameer and Rajiv attend a harmless school reunion. Their lives take a turn for the worse as their personal relationships - marriage, love and friendship – are tested. The series is a first person narrative by Meera, who takes the audience on her journey of self-discovery.
4) A.I.SHA My Virtual Girlfriend, by Arré: Inspired by The Terminator series, A.I.SHA is India’s first sci-fi web series. It follows the life of a genius app developer, Sam, who works at a high-end technology development agency, under a megalomaniac boss. But Sam has other things to worry about – an artificial intelligence app, A.I.SHA, he has developed from scratch. But things start going downhill when A.I.SHA develops a mind of her own.
5) Shaadi Boys, by Voot: Movie buffs Neil, Nitin and Mukesh (yes, they are three different characters inspired by the Bollywood actor and Twitter’s favourite troll victim) decide to start a wedding filming and choreographing company – Shaadi Boys. They get their first gig at a high profile Delhi wedding. Chaos ensues when the bride-to-be falls in love with one of them.
First Published: Oct 19, 2016 00:00 IST