Shed arrogance, Sushil Modi tells Lalu
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi today asked RJD supremo Lalu Prasad to shed his arrogance after the mauling at the hustings.
Prasad should remain shut up for at least one year and allow the NDA government to work, the deputy chief minister told reporters. Modi, however, said Prasad still remained a relevant factor in Bihar politics irrespective of the electoral verdict. He said the state government would seek cooperation of the opposition parties for formulation of policies.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Manu Gandhi, in whose arms Mahatma Gandhi had collapsed after falling to bullets of an assassin on January 30, 1948, in Delhi's Birla House, was his dutiful companion in the crusade for Independence and a chronicler of his life.
- The low footfall has prompted the state to mobilise more technical manpower so that senior citizens do not have to wait for vaccination.
- The minister, who is a leader of the Vikassheel Insan Party (VIP), later said he will make sure to attend events where he is scheduled to be present in future.
- A BJP leader has urged chief minister Nitish Kumar to ensure that the money meant for welfare scheme is spent for its purpose.
- Copy evaluation for Matric examination conducted by Bihar state education board will begin on March 12 and conclude on March 24.
- After the death of a 2016-batch final-year MBBS student at the NMCH, Shubhendu Shubham (23), who had contracted the virus, the state health department had advised the medical college to get real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT PCR) test of all medicos done.
- Four cities from Bihar -- Patna, Biharsharif, Bhagalpur and Muzaffarpur, participated in the survey. Muzaffarpur was adjudged the lowest in the Ease of Living Index.
- The minister was replying to the debate on his department’s budgetary demand of ₹38,035 crore, which was passed by the Bihar Vidhan Sabha
- The deputy CM acknowledged the members’ sentiments and said he would strive to resolve the issues affecting the devotees and tourists
- Nitish Kumar had got Renu Bhawan built in the village at a cost of ₹two crore but tourism infrastructure needs to be developed for customized tour packages, says Renu's son.
- A senior LJP leader, who quit the party, said the LJP was reduced to a drawing room organisation where even old party workers didn’t have access to Chirag Paswan.
- The JD(U) MLC said that Gautam Kumar was suffering while the police officials were showing no urgency to submit the inquiry report, as the case was not lodged by them.
- According to the National Crime Bureau Record (NCRB), in Bihar in 2019, there were 3,707 crime incidents related to land and property disputes, while the number of people killed were 5,227, or 3.1% per lakh