SAD-BJP not involved in attack on Kejri: Sukhbir
Denying the role of any SAD-BJP worker in the attack on Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal at Ludhiana, deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said a police team led by DIG-ranked official had been constituted to probe into the entire incident and those involved in the incident will not be spared.punjab Updated: Mar 02, 2016 09:45 IST
Denying the role of any SAD-BJP worker in the attack on Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal at Ludhiana, deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said a police team led by DIG-ranked official had been constituted to probe into the entire incident and those involved in the incident will not be spared.
Badal, who was talking to mediapersons during a sangat darshan progamme here at a marriage resort, lambasted Kejriwal by claiming that he was splurging a massive amount of the tax payers’ money on advertisements eulogising his party’s achievements. “He has already spent a whopping amount of Rs 553 crore. As compared to this, the total budget of the Punjab government on advertising was a meagre Rs 20 crore,” he said.
Badal said the process to recruit 1.13 lakh new employees had commenced. “Chief minister Parkash Singh Badal had promised new jobs to the people. We are keeping that promise and the process of actual recruitment had already been initiated. We have held several meetings of various departments following which a plan was chalked out to recruit more than 1 lakh employees. As the successive Congress governments in the state had failed to provide jobs. Not it is the SAD-BJP government that had come to rescue of the jobless youths,” he said.
Highlighting the achievements of the alliance government, Sukhbir claimed that the government had fulfilled almost 95% of the pre-poll promises made by the CM.
“We had fulfilled 95% of the promises while the rest of 5 % will be fulfilled by the end of this year. A sum of ` 20,000 crore has been earmarked for the construction of four-lane and six-lane roads. By year-end, all major towns of the state would be inter-connected. Punjab is the only state in the country which is giving free power to the agriculture sector. We will continue with it if voted to power,” he added.
He announced Rs 150 crore for the sewerage and water supply in Batala besides the creation of the ADC post for the city. The deputy CM also distributed more than Rs 13 crore to 81 villages of Batala assembly for development works.
First Published: Mar 02, 2016 09:30 IST