Scooterist injured by plastic kite string
A scooterist suffered injuries after he got entangled with a plastic kite string on Elevated Road near municipal corporation (MC) Zone-A office here on Saturday.punjab Updated: Dec 14, 2013 18:47 IST
A scooterist suffered injuries after he got entangled with a plastic kite string on Elevated Road near municipal corporation (MC) Zone-A office here on Saturday.
The victim, Ashok Kumar, a resident of Ganesh Nagar, Janakpuri, said he was crossing over the elevated road towards Jalandhar Bypass, and on reaching near the MC zone-A office, he got entangled with a kite's plastic string.
He suffered injuries on his shoulder, neck and face and his clothes were torn.
Annoyed by the sale of plastic strings, the man filed a complaint at the division number 1 police station seeking to register a case of attempt to murder against the string sellers.
He said, he lost his scooter's balance and might have even met with an accident.
Chander Kant Chadha, president of Action Against Corruption, who helped the injured, demanded stern action against shopkeepers selling plastic kite strings among children.
Meanwhile, Pakshi Sewa Samiti has initiated a legal battle against the sale of plastic strings. A ban has therefore been imposed under Section 144 of CrPC but their sale is still rampant.
First Published: Dec 14, 2013 18:45 IST