Teen dies of drug overdose in Pathankot
A Kathua (Jammu and Kashmir) resident died and his two friends were admitted to the Pathankot civil hospital in a critical condition following drug overdose.punjab Updated: Jun 18, 2016 16:23 IST
A Kathua (Jammu and Kashmir) resident died and his two friends were admitted to the Pathankot civil hospital in a critical condition following drug overdose.
The youths, identified as 19-year-old Neeshu, Sanjay and 32-year-old Makhan, all from Kathua, had come to Pathankot on Thursday and were putting up in a hotel near the bus stand on Thursday night. When they did not open the door on Friday morning, the hotel staff called on police which broke open the door to find youths lying unconscious in the room.
Senior superintendent of police (SSP) Rakesh Kaushal told HT that they were rushed to the civil hospital where Neeshu was declared brought dead. Sanjay’s condition is stated to be critical while Makhan was regaining consciousness. “We found syringes from their room and are verifying that what drugs they took which landed them in this condition,” the SSP said. “We have registered a case and the parents of the youths have been informed,” he said.