‘My parents always make my birthday special’
This year is extra special for Poshter Girl (2016) actor Sonalee Kulkarni as she will be turning 30 and both her parents will be turning 60. To mark these special occasions, the Kulkarnis are on a trip to Europe. “It was a part coincidence and part planned trip. We wanted to make this year special and we are glad we selected Europe. So, I started off with London and in the past 15 days I have visited 10 countries,” says the actor, who will be seen in Mrinal Kulkarni directorial venture Ti & Ti.
The actor, who celebrates her birthday on May 19, recalls how while growing up it would always rain on her birthday and she would cut her birthday cake in the dark. “Back then, there was no access to generators or inverters. And, invariably it would pour on my birthday which would cause power cuts. So, I would have an extra special candle light birthday party. I would feel special and unique because of it, and really enjoyed the time,” says Sonalee. As she was growing up, her parents and she, as a tradition started making investments on her birthdays. “From a gold coin, to a car, and a home, we try and buy something valuable to mark the day. My parents inculcated this habit in me and I am glad I continue with it.”
The Hampi (2017) actor adds that her current Europe trip is full of memorable moments. “You know even if you have visited a country or city before, it is not possible to experience everything. There are so many places or monuments which are yet to be visited. So, despite having seen some of these places, I am still exploring new spots. I am trying to soak in as much as I can in this trip. These 17 days have been so special, I have explored and tried things that I hadn’t before. In Paris, I rented a cycle and just roamed around the city randomly. I have relished the local cuisines in Italy and surrounding places too. I am enjoying to the fullest. It has been a very fulfilling and rejuvenating trip so far.”
Sonalee is excited about turning 30. The family and friends have booked a huge bungalow in London. The actor adds, “I will be in the outskirts of London where my family and friends have rented a 300-year-old bungalow. It is a huge property with an old-world charm. It is going to be a chilled out celebration with a healthy environment and greenery around.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Raya and the Last Dragon movie review: Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina put their own twist on the Mulan-Mushu dynamic in Disney's latest animated adventure.
- Chris Evans shared a video montage of his friend visiting the sets of Captain America: The First Avenger and reacting to his scenes.