Vijay Deverakonda is all praise for brother Anand’s film Middle Class Melodies, writes a touching note
Actor Vijay Deverakonda has showered praise upon his brother Anand Deverakonda’s film Middle Class Melodies, which premiered on Amazon Prime last week. Calling it a special and charming film, Vijay said that he’s proud of his brother’s choices and the stories he’s choosing to bring to life.
Vijay took to Twitter to share a long note in which he’s opened up about everyone who’s been part of the project. From debutant director Vinod Anantoju to leading lady Varsha Bollamma and the supporting, Vijay personally mentioned each one of them. “Beautifully written and directed by this young boy Vinod Anantoju, I love you, I can see how much this comes from you - you have made your presence and talent felt in the film industry and I will have your back always. Terrific first film kadu, terrific any film (sic).” Vijay wrote.
Vijay appreciated each member of the supporting cast as well as the technical crew. Talking about his brother Anand Deverakonda, Vijay said he’s glad he’s creating his own path.
He wrote: “And my little boy-Raghava/ Anand Deverakonda, you have made me proud as a brother, and I am so proud of the choices you are making, the stories you choose to be part of and bring to life, you are creating your own path and I hope you continue to bring more new stories, directors, actors along with you.”
Vijay also praised the leading lady Varsha for her performance. He wrote, “What’s with these Coorgi girls, their big eyes, looking terribly cute and delivering terrific performances - you just light up the screen Bollamma.”
In Middle Class Melodies, a heartwarming small-town story about love, dreams and togetherness, Anand plays a character called Raghava, who aspires to start a hotel outside his village. The film tracks his journey and whether he succeeds or not forms the crux of the story.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.