Australia’s Worrall to make ODI debut against Ireland
JOHANNESBURG: Australia fast bowler Daniel Worrall will make his one-day international debut in Tuesday’s one-off match against Ireland at Willowmore Park in Benoni, South Africa, captain Steve Smith said on Monday. Worrall is one of three uncapped fast bowlers Australia have included in a 14-man squad for the warm-up game against the Irish and then a five-match ODI series against South Africa, starting on Friday. Joe Mennie and Chris Tremain are the other two.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Three in men's recurve and three in women's recurve have made to the Indian Archery team for the Tokyo Olympics.
- Humpy bagged the award after receiving the highest number of votes from the fans.
- Achanta Sharath Kamal, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran and Manika Batra started their campaign at the WTT Star Contender Doha on a winning note.
- Seven of India’s nine Tokyo Olympics-bound boxers won medals, some of them beating world class boxers. Manish Kaushik (63kg) was the star as he made an impressive return from injury–tear in the biceps required surgery in May—and won gold in his first event after the tough recovery phase.
- The Belarusian coach, who mentored India’s top women distance runners to international medals, was found dead at NIS Patiala on Friday