Updated on Sep 24, 2021 01:11 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Chayanika Das
- The festival of Durga Puja will commence on October 11 this year. The 10-day long festival begins with Mahalaya and is held in the month of Ashvina, the seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
- Seymour left Poland as a Jew in 1932 and returned from the US in 1948 to photograph children and young people in devastated post-World War II Europe.
Published on Sep 20, 2021 07:07 PM IST
By Deutsche Welle
- The installation of Arc de Triomphe in Paris, by late artist couple Christo and Jeanne-Claude, will open on Saturday. Visitors to the famous Napoleonic arch, which dominates the Champs-Elysees Avenue, will not only be able to see the gleaming fabric, but to touch it too.
Updated on Sep 17, 2021 07:54 AM IST
AP | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Paris
In an effort to attract tourists to the Blue City and promote its essence while highlighting the culture and ancient history of Rajasthan, artists have painted murals in Jodhpur.
Updated on Sep 06, 2021 04:14 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Jodhpur (rajasthan) [india]
'Divinely Gifted. National Socialism's favoured artists in the Federal Republic' opens Friday at the German Historical Museum. It traces the careers and works of many who figured on a list of 'Divinely Gifted' artists, compiled in 1944 on behalf of Adolf Hitler and Joseph Goebbels.
Updated on Aug 26, 2021 07:57 AM IST
PTI | , Berlin
- Dilip Maharana, 18, amazed people by building a miniature wooden replica of Puri's Jagannath Temple. "I have built a wooden replica of Jagannath Temple which is 5.5 inches high, length is 12 inch and width is 9 inch. It took me 1.5 months to make this version of temple," said Maharana.
Published on Aug 17, 2021 08:38 PM IST
- Swathi and Vijay have painted around 50 walls in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Some of their latest works include the work at the wall painting of a regional library in Warangal.
Published on Aug 15, 2021 08:27 AM IST
Published on Aug 13, 2021 04:30 PM IST
- Ivorian artist Aristide Kouame, 26, transforms the flotsam into artworks valued at up to $1,000 by cutting the rubber and plastic soles into pieces that he assembles into large collages.
Published on Aug 13, 2021 04:06 PM IST
Prehistoric cave paintings in Spain add to increasing evidence that Neanderthals, whose lineage became extinct about 40,000 years ago, were not the unsophisticated relatives of Homo sapiens they been long been portrayed as.
Updated on Aug 08, 2021 06:36 PM IST
Reuters | , Ardales, Spain
- A micro artist from Santinagar area in West Bengal's Siliguri painted his nail with a symbol of the Olympics to inspire the Indian athletes participating in the Tokyo Olympics.
Published on Jul 25, 2021 09:07 AM IST
To honor those who participated and create a permanent tribute to the racial justice movement, Tanda Francis took plywood used to board up storefronts across the city last year and turned it into a sculpture called "RockIt Black."
Published on Jul 21, 2021 07:36 AM IST
Roberto Marquez from Dallas, flew to Miami nearly two weeks ago to uplift the Surfside community amid so much anguish of the South Florida condo building collapse and decided to use his art to help translate pain into hope and resilience.
Published on Jul 10, 2021 09:40 AM IST
Ahead of the Rath Yatra, an artist from Puri, Odisha created Lord Jagannath's chariot with 975 ice cream sticks.
Published on Jul 08, 2021 02:59 PM IST
A Delhi based artist uses plastic waste as a raw material to create artwork. He has displayed his work at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center in January 2020, Manarat Al Saadiyat Cultural Center, Abu Dhabi in February 2020, the museum of Goa and other places.
Published on Jul 05, 2021 12:14 PM IST
Picasso's "Head of a Woman" and Mondrian's "Landscape with a Mill" were among three artworks grabbed in an early morning heist in 2012. At the time, officers said the intruders had interfered with the alarm system overnight, setting it off repeatedly until it was disabled by museum guards.
Published on Jun 30, 2021 05:01 PM IST
While promoting the scenic beauty of the union territory (UT), the policy envisages providing a platform for the local talent to prove themselves on the national level.
Updated on Jun 20, 2021 09:41 AM IST
Salvatore Cosentino, 63, customises shoes for players and fans from his workshop in Aosta in Italy's northwest tip and said he felt that a personalised pair dedicated to the Danish midfielder was the right thing to do.
Published on Jun 17, 2021 07:57 AM IST
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday announced financial assistance of ₹5000/- each to around 2000 artists in the state, in view of the prevailing COVID-19 situation.
Updated on Jun 11, 2021 10:49 AM IST
- The return of live music in London, that produced bands from the Rolling Stones to the Spice Girls, is reigniting the creativity of some of its many musicians and songwriters after 14 months of silence.
Updated on Jun 06, 2021 06:11 PM IST
Amid the ongoing row over episodes of some Bengali TV serials being shot at home during restrictions on shootings since May 16 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the West Bengal Motion Pictures Artists Forum on Friday asked actors not to go out of their homes for shooting violating curbs.
Updated on Jun 05, 2021 09:28 AM IST
- An online charity auction to support the performing arts community includes a Wolverine jacket from Hugh Jackman’s closet, a banjo signed by Steve Martin, boots, jeans and a T-shirt from Bruce Springsteen and a dress from Dolly Parton that comes with its own mannequin
Updated on Apr 28, 2021 08:57 PM IST
Rio is the cradle of samba and bossa nova music and home to libertine Carnival festivities that encourage costumes and clowning. But with virus cases and deaths still surging, concert halls and theaters stay shut.
Published on Apr 13, 2021 11:11 PM IST
AP | , Rio De Janeiro
American actor Robert De Niro and Tribeca Film Festival co-founder Jane Rosenthal announced that the event will return this summer with live, in-person screenings featuring filmmakers, artists and audiences converging for Tribeca's 20th anniversary amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic
Updated on Mar 30, 2021 09:03 AM IST
- Jewish historian Max Fischer owned the oil painting by expressionist artist Erich Heckel but lost possession of it due to Nazi persecution when he immigrated to the United States
Updated on Feb 03, 2021 09:13 AM IST
Swiss concept artists Frank and Patrik Riklin are diving into the urban landscape to create their latest piece - an art project that will be buried beneath a new residential development north of the city of Zurich
Published on Jan 28, 2021 02:42 PM IST
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday said that his government will take necessary steps to provide assistance to the distressed artists and have embraced their plight due to the Covid pandemic.
Published on Jan 27, 2021 10:03 AM IST
Theatre people and audiences have realised that they need to find more intimate and direct ways of reaching out to one another
Updated on Dec 31, 2018 05:23 PM IST
By Sanjna Kapoor