Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma wedding: Here’s why Tuscany was the perfect choice
From beautiful, sloping landscapes to heritage sites, Tuscany in Italy is your perfect romantic getaway. No wonder when lovebirds Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma decided to tie the knot, they picked the most dreamy place for their wedding.Updated: Dec 12, 2017 17:23 IST
There are a million reasons why Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma picked Tuscany for their destination wedding. And here are just a few of them.
It is impossible to travel through this beautiful region without stumbling upon scenic, picture-perfect landscapes. We picked these 5 top spots for you, so that you can sit back and simply book your tickets.
1) Chianti: Visit the iconic vineyards of the Chianti region, a few kilometers south of Florence. There are many scenic roads for a car or a bike trip. Known for their vintage wines, these vineyards are perfect for a romantic holiday.
2) Siena: Seeped in ancient history and charm, Siena is a good destination for easy walks along its cobblestoned streets. Also check out the Cathedral, which has a spectacular interior with its marble mosaic floor.
3) Arezzo: Though the whole of Tuscany adorns Renaissance works, but the fresco cycles in Arezzo by Piero della Francesca are the best this region has to offer.
4) Pisa: You can’t go to Italy and not click a picture with the Leaning Tower. However, apart from the tower, the area has many old, classic buildings that you can walk around.
5) Giglio: A relatively unspoilt spot, Giglio is an island that boasts of stone villages, citadels and mountains on all sides. A good mix of beach and the mountains, we say.
Well done Virat and Anushka, we can’t wait for the pictures.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Dec 12, 2017 08:50 IST