Virat and Anushka are honeymooning in Finland. 5 reasons it’s an ideal destination
Finland is known for its unspoilt forests and the famed Northern Lights. Here’s why lovebirds Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli picked this winter wonderland for their honeymoon.Updated: Dec 18, 2017 09:10 IST
Earlier this week, new and much-in-love bride Anushka Sharma posted a photo on her Instagram account of her and Virat Kohli at an undisclosed location. The two lovebirds were surrounded by snow and her caption read, “In heaven, literally.”
According to a report, the couple was in Rovaniemi, Finland, chasing the Northern Lights and spending a cosy, romantic time together. Their getaway was organised by Luxury Action company, which specialises in private and luxury travel, tailor-made experiences in the Arctic and Nordic regions.
Situated by the Arctic Circle, this place is the residence of Santa Claus. Some of its major streets are in the shape of a reindeer’s head and antlers.
If you wish to head to Finalnd, much like Anushka Sharma and Virat Kolhi, here’s a handy guide.
1) Northern Lights: Gawk at this wonderful natural phenomenon, cross frozen rivers and get bomb photos of the beautiful sights. A campfire with some hot chocolate makes it just the perfect honeymoon experience.
2) Lapland Santa Claus Village: If you happen to be here around Christmas, take a trip to the Santa Claus village and experience a sleigh-ride. Hope onto a snow mobile and zoom through pristine snow with a local guide. You may even get to meet Santa himself.
3) Tallinn: Take a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia’s capital which is a ferry ride away from Helsinki. Check out the town on foot and walk the cobbled path with your loved one.
4) Koli National Park: This is one of the most Instagrammed views in Finland. And for good reason. The beautiful lake and hills make for a picturesque backdrop. Give Switzerland a miss, and head here instead.
5) Saana, Kilpisjarvi: This is known to be the most popular fell in Finland, due to its recognisable shape. Historically, the mountain is considered sacred. A trek to Saana’s summit will add an adventurous shade to your honeymoon.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more