Sidharth Shukla is Bigg Boss 13 winner, defeats Asim Riaz in finale
TV actor Sidharth Shukla has emerged as the winner of Bigg Boss 13. Sidharth has been one of the strongest contenders for the trophy and he also won most online polls run ahead of the finale. Hindustan Times readers had also declared him the winner on the HT Poll.
Sidharth, who is best known for his performances on TV shows Balika Vadhu, Dil Se Dil Tak and Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya, was also arguably the most controversial contestant this year on the show. Talking about him on the show, his mom had said that he has been a confident boy since childhood.
After Paras quit the game taking the bag full of money, Arti was evicted. Rashami was the next to be voted out of the show. Shehnaaz became the second runner-up with Rashami’s eviction.
Watch | Sidharth Shukla wins Bigg Boss 13, Asim Riaz is first runner-up
On the finale episode, Sidharth performed with Asim Riaz, Shehnaaz Gill and Rashami Desai. With Asim, he had an act that showcased their rivalry, performing to Ghamand Kar from Ajay Devgn’s Tanhaji The Unsung Warrior. With Rashami, he traced the love-hate relationship where they danced to the sensuous song Ang Laga Le and had their infamous chai fight in between. Shehnaaz and Sidharth performed in traditional Punjabi attire.
During his stint inside the house, Sidharth began with a close bond with Asim but it turned to an ugly animosity with the two contestants even abusing each other’s families and hitting each other. Sidharth was often blamed to initiate the physical fights.
With Rashami, too, Sidharth shared a love-hate relationship. They kept wavering between friendship, flirting and plain hostility. They also had ugly verbal fights during the entire season. At times, even Salman had to intervene.
Initially, Shehnaaz was inclined to get close to Sidharth and he looked rather disinterested. However, with time, he has displayed affection for her and even shown emotions, sometimes getting cosy with her. The two shared the bed inside the house and were often seen role playing as a couple. During the finale episode, Shehnaaz got angry with him and cried.
Salman began the episode with a montage of visuals from his own appearance on the show this year. He then danced to some of his own hit songs.
The finale also saw comedian Sunil Grover, filmmaker Rohit Shetty and Khatron Ke Khiladi contestants Karan Patel, Tejaswini Prakash, Adaa Khan and Karishma Tanna perform on stage and promote their own shows.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Nakuul Mehta and Jankee Parekh welcomed their son earlier this month. The latter took to Instagram and shared her experience of embracing motherhood.
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.