Game of Thrones season 8: Here’s how much Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage are paid for the show
The Game of Thrones season 8 went on air this Monday, putting end to a two-year wait of millions of viewers worldwide. While the show is without dispute one of the most popular TV shows of all times, wonder what the lead actors take home?
Emilia Clarke (Daenerys), who holds several coveted titles such as the Khaleesi, Protector of the Realm, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons, is paid $ 710,000 per episode, as much as her onscreen partner Jon Snow, according to a report in Insider. The actor told Vanity Fair in an interview, “I get f*cking paid the same as my guy friends. We made sure of that.” Her net worth is said to be around $13 million.
She, along with the other four lead actors including Kit (Jon Snow), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau’s (Jaime Lannister) and Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), reportedly took home around half a million per episode until last season but have now got a handsome hike.
As Emilia said, her four other co-stars are paid equal fees for their roles. While Kit’s net worth is said to be around $12 million, Peter’s net worth is said to be around $15 million while Nikolaj’s worth is rumoured to be around $16 million. Their reel sister Lena’s net worth is estimated to be around $9 million.
Talking about Kit’s onscreen sisters Sansa (Sophie Turner) and Arya (Maisie Williams), the actors are paid less than the lead cast. According to the Insider, both take home around $210,000 for playing the Stark sisters on the show.
Sophie even insists in her contract to have at least 50 per cent women in the workforce of the show. The actor told Harper’s Bazaar in an interview. “Now, you see women in the camera departments, producing, directing. It’s exciting.”
Calling equal paycheck for all the main members of the cast “a bit tricky” Sophie said, “Kit got more money than me, but he had a bigger storyline. And for the last series, he had something crazy like 70 night shoots, and I didn’t have that many. I was like, ‘You know what... you keep that money”.
Her onscreen sister Arya Stark, played by Maisie Williams, is drawing even less. The actor is just 20 and has been working on the show since the age of 13.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.
- Salman Khan took to Instagram and Twitter to share a 'mega selfie' from the sets of the Indian Pro Music League. The star-studded photo featured Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D'Souza, Bobby Deol, Shraddha Kapoor, Govinda, Mika Singh, Rajkummar Rao, Karan Wahi, Javed Ali and many more.
- Sidharth Shukla has long been rumoured to be dating Shehnaaz Gill. Fresh rumours suggest that the two have tied the knot. Sidharth has now clarified his marital status.