How Rajesh Khanna feels about his first TV ad
Yesteryear's Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna, who will be seen in a television ad for the first time, says shooting after so long brought back the fond memories of his acting days.
The 69-year-old actor, who was recently admitted at a hospital here for a check-up, will be seen in the new ad campaign directed by filmmaker R Balki.
The Havells fans commercial features Khanna going down the memory lane, remembering how his fans used to follow him everywhere when he was a superstar.
"To be approached after so many years is indeed a great honour for me and I am delighted to reconnect with my fans once again. Shooting after a gap of so many years has definitely brought back fond memories and I feel that not a lot has changed at all. It's good to be back," Khanna said in a statement.
Balki, who has directed films like Paa and Cheeni Kum, said, "When the ad was being conceived, we could think of none other than Rajesh Khanna himself who still commands a great deal of respect and maximum fan following... It was a huge achievement to direct Mr Khanna in his first ever commercial."
The commercial will be on air from April 30.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Former Bigg Boss contestant Shefali Bagga praises Arshi Khan for this trait of hers, despite her constant fights with everyone.
- Gita Gopinath, the Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund, couldn't contain her excitement at being the subject of a Kaun Banega Crorepati question.
- HBO is developing a new Game of Thrones prequel series on 'high priority', as it looks to flesh out its post GoT catalogue.
- Eijaz Khan said that he and Pavitra Punia are serious about each other. He added that their families are also involved in their relationship.
- Kiku Sharda has dismissed reports that Krushna Abhishek is upset with him over a joke he made on a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.