Khatron Ke Khiladi is a very tough show, says Rohit Shetty
Filmmaker Rohit Shetty, who is back as the host of action-adventure based reality show Khatron Ke Khiladi, says it is a tough show and lot of hard work goes into designing the stunts. The director said the credit for the show’s success goes to the technical team.
“Khatron Ke Khiladi is a very tough show. Lot of planning goes into designing stunts, work begins at least three to six months before the show goes on air. We first have to scout for apt location for the season. Plan and do the stunts we end up doing three stunts a day, overall there are 100 stunts performed during the entire season. The credit for the show goes to the technicians who work hard I just come in the end look at the stunts and tweak a bit if required. And on TV it may look like the stunt is performed in few minutes but the reality is it takes six months of pre-planning. Once the show is edited it looks cool on TV,” Rohit told reporters here Thursday at the launch of Khatron Ke Khiladi, season nine.
According to Rohit, Khatron Ke Khiladi is a proper reality show as the stunts performed are real. He added, “When we do stunts contestants do stunts even when the weather plays a spoilsport. Like last season which was held in Cape Town it was raining on the day when we were supposed to do the finale shoot but we planned the stunt with rains. This season the contestants have performed stunts in minus 1 or 2 degree temperature that’s how much real the show is.”
Celebrities including Bharti Singh, her husband Harsh Limbachiya, Sreesanth, Vikas Gupta, Aditya Narayan, Shamita Shetty, Jasmine Bhasin, Ridhima Pandit, Zain Imam, Puneet Pathak, Avika Gor, Aly Gony have participated this season. “Khatron Ke Khiladi’ this season is like masala entertainer movie it has all the right ingredients like action, drama, comedy and emotion. This season the stunts are unique,” Rohit said. “The contestants are actors they are not stunt artists. My job is to encourage them to do stunts and also see to it they are safe and secure,” he added.
The show will go on air from January 5 on Colors channel.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.
- Asim Riaz on Tuesday proudly posted a picture of his girlfriend Himanshi Khurana's Times Square billboard. Here's how she reacted.
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.