Maheep Kapoor does cooking and cleaning, Seema Khan shops for her own vegetables; Bollywood Wives on their ‘mundane’ lives
Only the most glamorous moments were ‘cherry-picked’ to be shown in Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, the reality series’ stars have said, suggesting that when the cameras are not on, they lead quite normal lives. Seema Khan, Maheep Kapoor, Bhavana Pandey and Neelam Kothari Soni appeared in the series, produced by Karan Johar and released on Netflix.
Reacting to some of the negative reactions to the show, Neelam said in an interview that Fabulous Lives is meant to be harmless fun. “We don’t want to win any award for it. Take a chill pill,” she said.
The women also spoke about Seema’s comment in the show about leading ‘mundane’ lives normally. “We have families, kids, homes and work. I go shopping for my own vegetables and fruits. I also catch a rickshaw or use public transportation …” Seema told Gulf News.
She added, “We are normal women and multitasking moms and that’s what I meant when I said we lead mundane lives. We also sit at home in our pyjamas at 7pm and binge-watch Netflix on some days. So unlike popular belief, our life is not one big party and we are not going out partying every night … Let’s face it, it takes guts to put your life out there … But I promise you it’s just a sneak peek into our lives, we have just scratched the surface. There’s a lot more to our lives.
Maheep added, “This lockdown, I have been cleaning and cooking too. But do people really want to see that? The makers have cherry-picked the scenes from our lives such as our shopping expedition and stepping out of a Rolls-Royce.”
Neelam said that her daughter is too young to be exposed to the film industry. “But when I am at work, I am constantly figuring out her classes, her pickup from school and drop-offs like any mom would,” she said.
Since the show’s release, the women have been sharing throwback pictures and life updates on social media. While Maheep dug out old photos of them over the years, Seema offered fans a glimpse into the birthday celebrations of her son, Nirvan.
Seema is married to Sohail Khan, Maheep is married to Sanjay Kapoor, Bhavana is the wife of Chunky Panday and Neelam is married to Samir Soni.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.
- Salman Khan took to Instagram and Twitter to share a 'mega selfie' from the sets of the Indian Pro Music League. The star-studded photo featured Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D'Souza, Bobby Deol, Shraddha Kapoor, Govinda, Mika Singh, Rajkummar Rao, Karan Wahi, Javed Ali and many more.