Sheeba hopes to work with ‘close friend’ Bhagyashree
Anyone who follows Sheeba Akashdeep Sabir and Bhagyashree on Instagram, will be aware of the friendship the actors share. From their pictures of travelling with or without families to attending parties, the two seem to spend a lot of time together.
Interestingly, both have been paired opposite Salman Khan — Bhagyashree in Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) and Sheeba in Suryavanshi (1992). “It’s a coincidence but we were never competitive [with each other]. Even today, we want the best for each other,” says Sheeba, adding that they’ve been “dying to work together.”
Bhagyashree recently signed the Telugu remake of 2 States (2014).?“When she revealed the news to me, I told her why didn’t she refer my name for it as well, so we could’ve worked together. She got excited and referred me but by then another actor was already signed for the role,” says Sheeba.
How did they become friends? “Bhagyashree and I had met briefly during our performances abroad. But we came close because of our husbands (Akashdeep Sabir and Himalaya Dasani) as they are best friends. Our families are quite close to each other,” she adds.
Author tweets @Shreya_MJ
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Eijaz Khan, who recently had to leave Bigg Boss 14 abruptly, has opened up about his relationship with Pavitra Punia.
- Actor Zeeshan Khan, who appears in Kumkum Bhagya, has recalled a casting couch incident that he experienced.
- Disha Parmar, who will soon marry Rahul Vaidya, shared a fan-made wedding card on Instagram stories and showered praise on it.
- Rakhi Sawant said that she misses having a man in her life after her break-up with ex-boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi. She added that she has frozen her eggs and wants Abhinav Shukla to be the sperm donor.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.