There are a lot of male-centric TV shows: Vivek Dahiya
There was a time when the small screen was dominated by women as soaps focussed on ‘saas-bahu’ dramas or kitchen politics. But TV actor Vivek Dahiya says that along with an improvement in the format of shows, there has been a visible change in the roles for men too.
“The format of the shows are changing now. We are experimenting a lot of things now, which we never did before. It (TV shows) used to revolve around similar stories and format ... Of course, for men things have changed (in TV) in general,” Vivek, who will soon tie the knot with actress Divyanka Tripathi, said.
The actor, who is currently seen in the Colors channel show Kawach...Kaali Shaktiyon Se, says there are shows that are being made just on men. “There are a lot of shows which are male-centric and then there are shows which highlight men and women both.”
Talking about a change in the trend of Indian TV shows, Vivek said: “A lot of finite series have come. Trends are changing with the penetration of all these finite series from overseas. We are trying out new things, which is good.”
Vivek has also featured in shows like Yeh Hai Aashiqui, Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera and Ye Hai Mohabbatein.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant took to Instagram to share a video of herself doing various household chores. She complained that Bigg Boss made her a 'grihani (housewife)'.
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.
- Eijaz Khan gave his girlfriend Pavitra Punia a cute shout-out as she reached one million followers on Instagram. See their adorable pictures and video.
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.