This mom has a warning for others after her child suffered burns from phone charger

Courtney N Davis, from Kentucky, US, took to Facebook to warn other parents about the potential dangers of electrical devices such as phone chargers.
The child suffered an electrical burn in the corner of her mouth after she chewed on a plugged-in phone charger. (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)
The child suffered an electrical burn in the corner of her mouth after she chewed on a plugged-in phone charger. (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)
Updated on Oct 12, 2017 01:50 PM IST
Copy Link
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By

An American mom has shared pictures of her daughter’s burnt mouth after she chewed on a plugged-in phone charger.

Courtney N Davis, from Kentucky, US, took to Facebook on October 5 to warn other parents about the potential dangers of electrical devices such as phone chargers.

“On Sept 28th my 19 month old stuck my phone charger in her mouth. We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it.,” Davis wrote in a Facebook post, which has been shared more than 300,000 times so far.

She narrated how her daughter suffered the severe burn within a “few seconds” of putting the charger in her mouth.

“Any other day my charger wouldn’t have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn’t have time to move it,” she said.

“It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn.”

The child suffered the severe burn within a “few seconds” of putting the charger in her mouth (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)
The child suffered the severe burn within a “few seconds” of putting the charger in her mouth (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)
Day 4 of the incident. (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)
Day 4 of the incident. (Facebook/Courtney N Davis)

Davis said luckily the toddler doesn’t seem to be bothered by the injury but she pleaded with parents and guardians to be careful with their phone chargers.

“Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach.”

“My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.”

She later updated her post saying the concerned device was a third-party charger that fits a “Samsung Note 5”.

Accidental injuries due to mobile phone explosions have been widely reported, but such injuries involving phone chargers are rare.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Close Story
QUICKREADS

Less time to read?

Try Quickreads

  • Officers gather at the scene of the Fourth of July parade shooting in Highland Park, Illinois. 

    Video captures horrific July 4 US parade mass shooting in Chicago suburb

    It was a morning of celebration for a Chicago suburb when suddenly dozens of bullets were fired, followed by a pandemonium and chaos in the streets amid screams. Shocking visuals and videos have emerged on social media. One of the clips, which is particularly disturbing, captures the moment when the attacker opened fire from a rooftop. Another video caught the confusion among onlookers. One man is accompanied by a toddler.

  • The motive of shooting is yet to be established by the investigating officers.

    Who is Robert Crimo? What we know about US parade shooting suspect | 5 points

    The US law enforcement agencies on Tuesday announced they had captured a suspect named Robert Crimo in a shooting on Monday that killed six people and wounded more than 36 at a Fourth of July parade in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park. Those wounded ranged between the ages of 8 to 85. Who is Robert Crimo - person of interest in Highland Park shooting 1.

  • Law enforcement search after a mass shooting at the Highland Park Fourth of July parade in downtown Highland Park, Ill., Monday, July 4, 2022. A gunman on a rooftop opened fire on an Independence Day parade in suburban Chicago on Monday. (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh)

    In July 4 US parade shooting, suspect held hours after 6 killed, dozens injured

    Robert E Crimo III, a person of interest linked to a shooting in the United States that killed six people and wounded more than 36, has been held. This is the latest incident of gun violence rearing its ugly head in the country. Here are top updates on the latest shooting incident in the US: 1. In his first reaction, hours after the shooting, US president Joe Biden said he was shocked.

  • China scrambles to contain fresh Covid outbreak

    China scrambles to contain fresh Covid outbreak

    A county in China's eastern Anhui province is carrying out daily nucleic acid tests on 763,000 locked down residents while mass tests have been ordered for other areas, as authorities scramble to contain a fresh surge in Covid-19 cases in the country. For China, it will have to be a pragmatic balance between its avowed zero-Covid strategy - marked by lockdowns, large-scale testing campaigns and strict isolation protocols - and allowing normal economic activity.

  • Russian President Vladimir Putin. 

    Putin orders Russians to fight on after key Ukraine city falls

    President Vladimir Putin on Monday ordered Russian troops to press their offensive deeper into the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine after Moscow's forces seized the strategic city of Lysychansk. In a sign there would be no let-up in the fighting and that Russia now had its eyes on the entire Donetsk region, Putin told Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu that troops stationed there must continue their operations.

SHARE
Story Saved
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Tuesday, July 05, 2022