Teen shot in school taken off life support in US
A 15-year-old boy who was shot at his junior high school died of head wounds, an autopsy showed. Lawrence King was taken of life support and had some of his organs harvested, said Armando Cavez, a senior deputy medical examiner with Ventura County. The autopsy results were released on Friday.
King was targeted this week by a younger boy because he came to school in Oxnard dressed in feminine attire, classmates said.
Prosecutors have charged 14-year-old Brandon David McInerney with premeditated murder and want him tried as an adult.
McInerney was being held on $770,000 bail. Defence attorney Brian A Vogel didn't return telephone messages seeking comment.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- She will eventually have a role in the Biden administration, but it was not immediately clear how.
- Gilani received 169 votes to Sheikh’s 164, election authorities and opposition parties said.
- The FATF said Pakistan had “largely addressed” 24 of the 27 items in the action plan.
- The governor hasn’t taken questions from reporters since a February 19 briefing, an unusually long gap for a Democrat whose daily, televised updates on the coronavirus pandemic were must-see TV last spring.
- He also said Britain must be prepared to cut the deficit, announcing plans to increase the tax on corporate profits and boost revenue from personal income taxes in 2023.
- The Capitol police statement noted that it already has made “significant security upgrades” at the Capitol, home to the US House of Representatives and Senate.
- “It’s horrific, it’s a massacre. No words can describe the situation and our feelings,” youth activist Thinzar Shunlei Yi told Reuters via a messaging app.
- The assailant was taken to hospital after being shot in the leg by police when he was taken into custody, following the attack in the southern Swedish city in mid-afternoon.