We are no terror hotbed: Bangladesh
Bangladesh rejected on Tuesday media reports in India linking Bangladeshi outfits to the bomb attacks in Hyderabad in May and August.world Updated: Sep 05, 2007 01:53 IST
Bangladesh rejected on Tuesday media reports in India linking Bangladeshi outfits to the bomb attacks in Hyderabad in May and August. It also denied any arrests in that country in connection with the Hyderabad blasts.
Media reports on Monday said that Bangladeshi police had detained a man, Sharifuddin alias Abu Hamza, who was suspected of organising the bomb attack on Mecca Masjid in May and providing support for last month’s twin bombings.
“There have been no arrests in Bangladesh so far in this connection,” a statement from Bangladesh’s Foreign Ministry said. “Both the print and electronic media in India are trying to portray Bangladesh as a hotbed of terrorism. Such reports are disturbing and clearly motivated.”
The media reports had said Hamza was a member of the Harkat-ul-Jihadi Islami, a Bangladeshi terror group.
First Published: Sep 05, 2007 01:50 IST