Three workers died after inhaling poisonous gas at a catechu factory in Ferozepur Bangar village of Sonepat district on Tuesday night.
The deceased have been identified as Ram Jassu Paswan, Ram Parvesh Paswan and Rahul Kumar. Police said all of them were in their early twenties and were migrant labourers from Bihar’s Banka district.
Police said a gas leak occurred in the factory at around 11 pm on Tuesday night when the three were on their night duty. They were rushed to hospital where they were declared dead on arrival.
Police said they have booked the factory owner for negligence. “The bodies of the three workers have been sent for postmortem. More details can be shared after the reports,” SHO Kharkauda said.